UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Aurora RX_SOF_N is constantly asserted

Hi,

I am in the process of integrating an Aurora core to a PCIe interface using ML555 board. I have implemented the Virtex 5 Aurora core and when I test in the hardware using chipscope I can see that the RX_SOF_N signal is constantly held low hence the interface receive side not working. Has anyone see this behaviour before?

Thanks and regards,

Sanka 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Aurora RX_SOF_N is constantly asserted

Hi Sanka,

Have you verified that Channel_up has gone high and that the link partner is actually sending SOF characters?  A lot of the time it's a simple matter of putting the MGTs into loopback for testing to make sure that everything comes up correctly and is being sent/recieved correctly then moving on to board-to-board verification.  ChipScope is actually very nice for this since you can quickly add the Channel_up, lane_up and all of the local link interface signals for both ends of the link.

0 Kudos
Visitor noemartl3
Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue on my side? However, this is on a custom board that we design and we are using a Virtex4 FX 20 device. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I eventually found what I was doing in my case... I was not driving all the input signals into the aurora core properly... in fact I was not driving

-- UFC Interface

-- Native Flow Control Interface

input signals properly... and once I had these signals driving properly... I had the aurora link working correctly.

Thanks a lot for you help.

Cheers,

Sanka

0 Kudos