UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mii-chan
Visitor

Aurora problem with virtex-4

Hello. I have a problem using Xilinx's protocol Aurora.

The design on my v4fx board is : aurora v2.8, native flow control, 2.5Gbps, 125 Mhz ref clock.

In parallel loopback mode, both lane_up and channel_up switch in high and low state. The result is that the communication is interrupted (with hard and soft errors indications).

In serial loopback mode, both lane_up and channel_up stay in low state.

Any suggestions?

Can anyone help me with this problem?

thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Aurora problem with virtex-4

The only way to get Native Flow Control is with a duplex link.  Your not looping the transmit side of your link back to its' own receiver are you?  Because that receiver is expecting some signalling from the channel partner for status information, etc...  You need to have two seperate Aurora cores instantiated and connect them to each other.

-Shawn

0 Kudos
Visitor mii-chan
Visitor

Thanks for your response,

the problem is that the loopback mode is a looping in the same Aurora core (105a in my case).

Is it possible to test only 1 (one) Aurora core with loopback mode ?

But my main problem is that the line_up and channel_up are unstabe (high and low states switching) in operational mode (aurora link between 2  v4fx boards). The same behavior (line_up and channel_up unstabe) is noticed in the parallel loopback mode, it's why I want to work the loopback mode above all.
Thanks if you have any suggestions

Regards

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

I think that loopback should work, contrary to what pp said.

Are you getting RXNOTINTABLE toggling?  How about RXREALIGN? 

Visitor

I am seeing a similar problem in my design. I am interested if anyone has seen this. However, I am seeing this not in a loopback mode, but in the connection of 2 different boards. I have not tried looping back. Does loopback work with aurora cores?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor noemartl3
Visitor

Architecture_whiz,

I went back and check whether RXNOTINTABLE and RXREALIGN are toggling and they are. Does this mean that I have si problems in the board? Can you let me know how to troubleshoot this? I also have RXDISPERR toggling. They all toggle at the same time.
0 Kudos
Visitor dgohn
Visitor

hello,

i have the same problem in Virtex 5 lx220t, exept the togling of channel_UP and Lane_UP (they don't rise), i see toggling of DISPERR , NOTINTABLE, may be you have resolved this problemm and have some suggestions

thanks

0 Kudos
Visitor pengsh
Visitor

Anymore finding on this issue?

I have Virtex 4 FX20 communicating to Virtex II Pro 4.

Both ends occasionally get lane_up dropped then recovered.

0 Kudos
Observer pzczly
Observer

I  have the same question1

i use aurora3.0 between v5 and pro20 FPGA!

In my programme, channel_up and lane_up is not constant HIGH, sometimes is LOW!

can you solve the question?

0 Kudos
Visitor hallstd
Visitor

We are using aurora bus on V 2 pro and V4FX20. The two communicated ok when we used the V4FX20-10, but when we moved to the V4FX20-11 we had the issue that lane-up would go low and reset the bus. No indication of hard or soft errors. Has anybody found a resolution to the problems discussed on this forum?
0 Kudos
Observer prestonmc
Observer

I've had problems with V4 MGT links as well. I occasionally have an MGT link fail to initialize or drop out. In analyzing these occasional failures, I've been looking more closely at the GT11_INIT modules generated with the core to provide reset/initialization sequencing. From the documentation inthe MGT user's guide, the RX reset SM monitors RXBUFERR, RXDISPERR, and RXNOTINTABLE and performs a PCS reset if any of these signals are asserted. However, in the example design provided with the core, only RXBUFERR is monitored (RXBUFERR drives the PCS_ERROR signal into the RX GT11_init module). I'm unclear how RXDISPERR and RXNOTINTABLE should be used.

0 Kudos