UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar samcossais
Scholar

Bug(s) with SRIO Gen2 v3.1

Jump to solution

Hi

I am evaluating SRIO Gen2 v3.1 (Vivado 2014.1) right now and I found a bug with TXDIFFCTRL which is 4b on some files while it is 3b on others. According to the GTX user guide, the port on GTX is 4b.

Its value is set to 4'b1000 in synth/<srio_gen2_core_name>block.v, while some wrappers below use only 3b, therefore I suppose the value finally used by the GTX will be truncated and be 4'bz000, with bit 4 being undriven. I could check it in simulation and it is the case.

I made the SRIO core using Vivado 2014.1 IP catalog, with the "additional transceiver control and status ports" unchecked.

I believe this is a serious problem as it controls the differential voltage on the TX driver, which is a very important parameter.

How can I correct this problem ?

Should I just correct the verilog files in my IP folder (<ip_name>/synth) ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Re: Bug(s) with SRIO Gen2 v3.1

Jump to solution

Hi ,

This is a known issue in the core for v3.1.

This issue can be resolved by modifying the width on assignment as 3:0 (4 bit) in place of 2:0 (3 bit) for all the places it appers in the srio gt wrapper file.

Can you try it ?

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi ,

This is a known issue in the core for v3.1.

This issue can be resolved by modifying the width on assignment as 3:0 (4 bit) in place of 2:0 (3 bit) for all the places it appers in the srio gt wrapper file.

Can you try it ?

Regards,

KR

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Scholar samcossais
Scholar

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your reply. I did the modification. Should I rerun the "out of context module run" for it ? I previously had to remake my Vivado project  and since then my srio core is no longer listed in the "out of context module runs" list.

0 Kudos
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I guess as you are modifying the RTL, you need to redo the synthesis.

Not sure if that list does not show the out of dated runs as the above modification would result in synthesis products our of date.

Regards,

KR

0 Kudos
Scholar samcossais
Scholar

Jump to solution

I guessed so too. I don't know why neither but this did not show inside the runs list. Do you have any way to run a particular ooc synthesis by yourself, without it being inside the list beforehand ?

0 Kudos
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Can you put the snapshot what you are looking in the GUI of the tool ?

I believe the design runs section in the tool gui lists all the design runs including the ooc's.

Regards,

KR

0 Kudos
Scholar samcossais
Scholar

Jump to solution

Can you put the snapshot what you are looking in the GUI of the tool ?

Here it is.

Edit: As you can see the implementation is out of date. This is due to the fact that I have some IPs that are common to 2 FPGAs, one being a xc7k 160t-fbg676-2 and another one being a xc7k 160t-fbg484-1

For those common IPs, I kept the version in the xc7k 160t-fbg484-1 which was compiled in the project for this one, hence these out of date warnings. Anyway this does not include the srio core which is present only in the xc7k 160t-fbg676-2 FPGA.

vivado_runs_no_srio.png
0 Kudos
Scholar samcossais
Scholar

Jump to solution

I believe the design runs section in the tool gui lists all the design runs including the ooc's.

It looks like it includes the ooc runs but not all.

0 Kudos
Scholar kotir
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi

I guess you did not enabled the ooc option while generating the core. are you sure of it ?

regards,

KR

0 Kudos
Scholar samcossais
Scholar

Jump to solution

I am quite sure I did (I always left this setting to default), the thing is I remade my project in between. It appears to be the same for some other IPs as well, some are not listed in the design runs list.

But, I was able to check that the modification on the core was well taken into account anyway :

srio_gtx_setting.PNG
0 Kudos