cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Can I trigger ethernet transmission directly(without interrupt service) using PL signal?

Jump to solution

I am using ZCU104 board. I have a PL timer IP and I want PS GEM to start transmission when the timer interrupt is generated(with a precision range, about +-10us). I can have all transmission stuffs(descriptor filling, data preparation) done before the interrupt is generated, so all this interrupt does is to set off the transmission. But to set off the transmission using interrupt service on PS side would be a little slow and the delay is somehow not stable. So can I bypass the interrupt process and directly trigger the transmission using the interrupt signal?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI @TinglePan ,

I do not think there is a way of doing it without interrupt service to PS.

GEM does not have any external signals to directly control transmit_go. You may want to look at the registers write when timer is up but this will be without interrupt signal directly handled.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."

View solution in original post

3 Replies

HI @TinglePan ,

I do not think there is a way of doing it without interrupt service to PS.

GEM does not have any external signals to directly control transmit_go. You may want to look at the registers write when timer is up but this will be without interrupt signal directly handled.

View solution in original post

Visitor
Visitor

OK, so I should poll the timer counter register right? Thank you anyway.

0 Kudos

Hi @TinglePan ,

Yes, that makes sense.

0 Kudos