Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Channel up is never asserted in Aurora 64b66b

Hello,

I have two boards connected through a backplane. The fisrt one has two xcku115 and the second one has two xcvu190.

I would like to connect both of them with an aurora 64b66b, but the problem is channel up signal is never asserted, although lane up is ok.

I tried to connect two kintex which are in the same board, and it is works perfectly (channel up and lane up are asserted). I have been checking the backplane and it seems it is well routed.

Do I miss something in the configuration wizard?

Kind regards.

Sergio

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

iBERT .

You are into the world of serial IO,

pre and post equalisation, gains, eye diagrams et all.

Whats your BERT and eye look like ?

It might not be these, but you have to get these right before you move on,

https://www.xilinx.com/video/hardware/in-system-ibert.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp743-eye-scan-mb-mcs.pdf

at these sort of frequencies, 

things like vias and routing have a significant affect.

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted

hi @sasn1,

The criteria for channel_up signal assertion are the verification sequence (defined in the Aurora 64B/66B protocol) being transferred between channel partners, and the successful reception of four verification sequences. Enable loopback mode and check for lane_up assertions. Bring the CHANNEL_INIT_SM module FSM state signals to debug if channel_up is not asserted. For a simplex link, the simplex TX partner might have already achieved channel_up status.

Chandra 

Regards
Chandra sekhar
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if solution provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos