UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Connect Ultra96 Board to LAN

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I have a project with Ultra96 Board. I have a question.

I want to connect board to LAN and I know we have three ways:

1)Use a USB Ethernet connection over the Micro-USB (upstream USB connection)
2)Connect via Wifi.

3)Using board as a computer

But I don't know, Can I connect board to LAN through USB port. I have read some information but I don't see anything about USB port.
Can you give me some information about USB port or Micro USB and compare performance between USB - ethernet and Micro USB ethernet.

Thank you very much,

vanloc,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Connect Ultra96 Board to LAN

Jump to solution

WiFi is the easiest way to connect the Ultra96 to a LAN. This post contains the info you need to set that up:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Deephi-DNNDK/Ultra96-Connect-to-WiFi/td-p/1010629

For a wired connection, the USB-Ethernet dongle is the recommended option. You can also buy the Ethernet mezzanine card for the Ultra96 that comes with working example designs (source code on Github) and documentation here: 96B Quad Ethernet Mezzanine

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

WiFi is the easiest way to connect the Ultra96 to a LAN. This post contains the info you need to set that up:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Deephi-DNNDK/Ultra96-Connect-to-WiFi/td-p/1010629

For a wired connection, the USB-Ethernet dongle is the recommended option. You can also buy the Ethernet mezzanine card for the Ultra96 that comes with working example designs (source code on Github) and documentation here: 96B Quad Ethernet Mezzanine

Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Voyager,

I don't Login in this forum for a long time,

Thank you very much about your answer,

My method:

1/ I am using Micro USB to connect Ultra96 to PC 
2/ I have activated the Ethernet gadget(RNDIS) protocol at Petalinux before building for Ultra96
3/ I just need "enable modprobe g_ether" then I can use MicroUSB to communicate between PC and Ultra96 

0 Kudos