cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Controller Area Network (CAN) IP Recommendations / Questions for Zynq UltraScale+

Hi all —

Evaluating options for Controller Area Network (CAN, a very difficult search query...) IP cores for an UltraScale+ MPSoC-based application where I've got 10-12 different busses to hook up too. My rough criteria as follows:

• Availability of existing Linux kernel driver (e.g. SJA1000-derived)
  • Availability / easy portability of a Xenomai/RTDM driver (e.g. SJA1000-compatible that can be memory-mapped)
  • AXI-interface to present memory-mapped devices to Linux

Few questions:

1. Does the Xilinx CAN Core (https://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/axi_can.html) roughly match the SJA1000 register set and can therefore utilize the same drivers?
  2. Anyone utilized the Bosch M_CAN or other solution providers and make a solid recommendation?
  3. The IP Revision of the PS CAN controllers for neither the Zynq-7000 nor Zynq UltraScale+ are listed; who made those? Are they Cadence, or physical implementations of the Xilinx LogiCORE?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Controller Area Network (CAN) IP Recommendations / Questions for Zynq UltraScale+

Bump on this one — are Xilinx FAEs / employees allowed to comment on 3rd party IP vs. Xilinx IP? Or at least the Xilinx CAN Core vs. SJA1000 in terms of driver support?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Controller Area Network (CAN) IP Recommendations / Questions for Zynq UltraScale+

Guys —

I would love to give someone legal tender (currency) for a CAN IP core. I'm based in the PNW (Seattle), perhaps a FAE (Xilinx/Avnet) wouldn't mind reaching out to help me pay somebody (be it Xilinx or a Xilinx partner) for a CAN IP core license?

0 Kudos