UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Diagram design for 100 G Ethernet using CMAC IP

Hi,

please, can someone help me to build a design for 100 G Ethernet as in the figure below. I have a vcu108, I successfully  generate 100 G using CMAC IP example design, but this example design send a limited number of packets and stop which is an issue for me. I need to generate a continuous flow of packets, that is why I need to build my own design.

Thank you in advance.

100G.gif:

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Diagram design for 100 G Ethernet using CMAC IP

@elidrissi  I am not familiar with this specific design but I am sure the Packet Generator has an option to control the quantity and type of packets created. Have you looked inside the implementation? Is that a hier or a Xilinx IP? 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I didn't find any packet generator IP in Vivado. there is an axi_traffic_gen but its not compatible with cmac core.

Thanks

.traffic_gen.gif

0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

@elidrissi So you are still building the design if I understand? I thought you had the example design.

If you actually get the design, open it and look inside, you might have a better view of what is needed.

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

yes I have the example design it work well, inside it there is a packet generator connected to the Lbus transmitter. 

Scholar hbucher
Scholar

@elidrissi So what is this packet generator? Is it a verilog module or a design hier block? 

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

it s a verilog module

0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

@elidrissi Can you look at what it is doing? Is there any counter? Can you share?

Or that's not the point?