UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor jhon_woo
Visitor

EDC issue

Dear All,

I am using AEL 2005 PHY in HTG-FMC-SFP-PLUS card that is further interfaced with FPGA (10 G XAUI and MAC core design).

When i test all the internal loopback (PMA,PCS, or PHY) it works better. But when i use external loop back via EDC connection breaks  exact after 4 minutes and data transmission between SFPs got stuck.

Any suggestions please

Untitled.png
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: EDC issue

What is EDC? What is the role of the EDC?

Please provide the core status details during the failure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor nidaa
Visitor

How did you resolve the issue? I encountered the same issue on the same platform (HTG-FMC-SFP-PLUS).

I did the internal loopback perfectly. However, when performing external loopback with twinax cable, the communication was stuck after five minutes.

Please help me

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

I have also same issue. Plz tell me about this issue if anyone have resolved this issue.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all 

I have same issue. core status signals are 8'b1111_1100 during design stuck off. when i reset phy manual and reconfigure phy, then design starts for nearly about 5 minutes. Plz tell me on forum or in box me at latif_kcp@hotmail.com.

0 Kudos