cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETHERNET1 with gmii to rgmii IP core 1000 mbps issue

Hello..

I am testing ethernet communication of my custom board design with Zynq xc7z020+ SoC. Configured RGMII (GEM1) with 125Mhz.

I have succesfully ping the Gem1 with 100Mbps speed from my PC. But when pinging with 1000Mbps the communication fails or not responding.

Case I :

Connected the ethernet cable from PC to RJ45 connector. Configured the PC with local IP & set the speed to 100Mbps. 

Zynq xc7z020+ SoC Response:

root@ultraethertest:~# [ 33.321084] macb e000c000.ethernet eth0: link up (100/Full)
[ 33.326675] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready

Configured the IP for Zynq board. When pinging from PC the board responds successfully.

Case II :

Set the speed to 1Gbps. 

Zynq xc7z020+ SoC Response:

root@ultraethertest:~# +ʪ˲ʪšҲmacb e000c000.ethernet eth0: link up (1000/Full)
[ 151.156038] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready

On pinging from PC the board doesn't responds.

Connection details:

Zynq RGMII Gem1 pins connected to the PHY through FPGA which act as an logic level shifter(ie output from Gem1 is received & transmitted to the PHY & vice versa).

i am facing this strange issue please help me regarding this ?

DEVICE_TREE:

ethernet@e000c000 {
compatible = "cdns,zynq-gem", "cdns,gem";
reg = <0xe000c000 0x1000>;
status = "okay";
interrupts = <0x0 0x2d 0x4>;
clocks = <0x1 0x1f 0x1 0x1f 0x1 0xe>;
clock-names = "pclk", "hclk", "tx_clk";
#address-cells = <0x1>;
#size-cells = <0x0>;
phy-mode = "rgmii-id";
phy-handle = <0x6>;

mdio {
#address-cells = <0x1>;
#size-cells = <0x0>;

phy@0 {
device_type = "ethernet-phy";
reg = <0x0>;
linux,phandle = <0x6>;
phandle = <0x6>;
};

gmii_to_rgmii_0@8 {
compatible = "xlnx,gmii-to-rgmii-1.0c";
phy-handle = <0x6>;
reg = <0x8>;
};
};
};

I am able ping with 10/100 mbps network. if i connect 1000 mbps link up is happening but ping is not happing . 

Please help ,me with this issue ?

where i need to check with .bit file are anything with rootfs and kernal 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
nanz

Hi tnareshnaresh7@gmail.com ,

When you ping from the board to the PC, what happens? Do you see TX counter increments? 

Have you check the registers in GMII2RGMII IP that the speed is 1G also? Do you have another link partner that you can connect to test 1G? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Hello.. Tx packets are increment very slowly almost it is increment 5 to 10 packets for 10 minutes ping time.i checked with different link partner I am getting same results.

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi tnareshnaresh7@gmail.com ,

Do you have another ethernet cable that you can test with too? Also if you check the register values of RMII2RGMII IP, can you please post here?

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

0 Kudos