UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Error during loopback in the AXI Ethernet while using IP Integrator

I want to do the loopback in AXI ethernet at the MAC layer in ZCU102 Evaluation board. So, I am connecting the gmii_txd to gmii_rxd in IP Integrator as shown in  the screenshot. But when I am doing implementation then error is coming that Non IO buffer of gmii_txd can not be connected directly to IDATA pin of IDEALY in gmii_rxd. 

I also tried to connect the gmii_txd to gmii_rxd through Utility buffer but then also same error was coming. '

So, is there any way to connect the gmii_txd pin of AXI Ethernet IP to its gmii_rxd pin so that loopback can be done at MAC layer. I don't want to use physical layer for this.   

AXI_Ethernet.JPG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: Error during loopback in the AXI Ethernet while using IP Integrator

@shanish,

So, is there any way to connect the gmii_txd pin of AXI Ethernet IP to its gmii_rxd pin so that loopback can be done at MAC layer. I don't want to use physical layer for this. 

If you want to do a mac_loopback, then you must do it on the axis_*xd signal side . That would be a MAC side loopback.

As soon as you are talking about gmii_*xd you are already on the PHY side. A loopback of these signals is considered a PHY loopback.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos