Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Ethernet Frame in ML605

Hi Everybody,

I am using V6 EMAC in ML605. I have instantiated the core in 1000Base-T using ISE 14.7. I have looked at the Ethernet Frame and created frame header correctly - SRC & DST MAC address are correctly set. I am only sending packets - not monitoring RX!. I have read ds835_v6_emac.pdf and followed those signalings for TX finely. However, Link1000 and Duplex LEDs are ON but PHY doesn't send packets because TX LED is OFF. As I am new to Ethernet packets and protocol I have some questions that come in below lines:

• I am wondering if we can just send simple Ethernet frames mentioned in ds835 or we do need to make UDP or TCP headers and ad them to the packet?
  • Do I have to do anything extra or not? I don't see if I should read RX and decide according to received frames or not?
  • Is there any fast start-up project for ML605 which works finely or not?

I need to add that the example project - which is created automatically upon core creation- is not also working? I made necessary changes. However, it didn't work and I can't see any packets in Wireshark.

I would appreciate any help and comment.

Hossein

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

check reference designs here
http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml605/reference_designs_12.1_archive.htm
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Which version of the core are you using?

older version has only client loopback and not pattern generator.

use latest version of core v2.3 which has a pattern generator and these packets can be seen on the wireshark.

There is no need of UDP or TCP headers addition.

Also have a look at below link

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Networking-and-Connectivity/V6-Embedded-TEMAC-wrapper-2-2-Reference-Design-How-to-assign-IP/td-p/207101

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mentor
Mentor

Hi @yenigal,

Thanks for your comments and help. As I mentioned in earlier posts it was not related to Frame structure and Wireshark can also capture LLC frmaes as well. I had some problems in routing signals to the PHY chip and it was solved.

Thanks,

Hossein

Thanks,
Hossein
0 Kudos