Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ethernet Mac address of kcu105 board

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently build a reference project of my kcu105 and JESD204b board.

Since I want to check the signals by using "iio-oscilloscope", I need to set an IP address to my board.

I am using a D-link router to assign IP. However, I need the mac address of my device to do it.

How can I get the Ethernet Mac Address of my board?

Is it fixed with the board or it depends on the project?

The reference design is here: https://wiki.analog.com/resources/eval/user-guides/ad-fmcdaq3-ebz 

I built the ADI reference project and the no-OS software.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Ethernet Mac address of kcu105 board

Jump to solution

Hi @yzzhsx12345 

1) You can use a network packet analyzer tool to find out your board's MAC Address.

Wireshark is a handy tool for this kind of needs. You can connect your PC to your board and run Wireshark software, and you can easily see ongoing/outgoing packages, protocol types, MAC Address/ IP Address...

2) MAC addresses generally hard coded at somewhere. 33:44:55.... and you can update it, it depends which IP core you are using.

It seems, your design uses axi_ethernet IP core.

Axi_Ethernet lite IP documantation says:

The 48-bit Ethernet MAC address defaults at reset to 00-00-5E-00-FA-CE. This value can be changed by performing an address program operation using the transmit dual port memory.

Below link related with Petalinux device-tree, mac address assignment:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842485/Linux+AXI+Ethernet+driver

Saban

<--- If reply is helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question --->

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi @yzzhsx12345 

1) You can use a network packet analyzer tool to find out your board's MAC Address.

Wireshark is a handy tool for this kind of needs. You can connect your PC to your board and run Wireshark software, and you can easily see ongoing/outgoing packages, protocol types, MAC Address/ IP Address...

2) MAC addresses generally hard coded at somewhere. 33:44:55.... and you can update it, it depends which IP core you are using.

It seems, your design uses axi_ethernet IP core.

Axi_Ethernet lite IP documantation says:

The 48-bit Ethernet MAC address defaults at reset to 00-00-5E-00-FA-CE. This value can be changed by performing an address program operation using the transmit dual port memory.

Below link related with Petalinux device-tree, mac address assignment:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842485/Linux+AXI+Ethernet+driver

Saban

<--- If reply is helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question --->

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Your answer is awesome!
Thank you very much!
0 Kudos