UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Ethernet PHY address of ENET0 could not found when I open the second ENET1 for connecting the SGMII IP

Hello ,

I currently use XC7Z045 SoC . and I have another SoC XC7Z020. There is an LVDS Sgmii line betweem them. I try to communicate two SoC over sgmii line.

1 .  When XC7Z045 is in cascaded jtag mode, I can debug my Software using ARM DS-5 emulator connected to dedicated pins in PL JTAG side. I use Ethernet that is connected to ENET0 of XC7Z045 over a PHY to read / write some register values or send commands from my desktop application software. ENET1 is connected to sgmii ip. 

2. When XC7Z045 changed to independent jtag mode, ( now ARM DS-5 is connected to PJTAG MIO side for debub) PHY_Adress_Read_Error such an error returns. I looked at in debug mode when PHY driver running. There is a PHY adress finding or reading loop. ın cascaded mode, as above explained, correct PHY adress found, that is 1. As hard Coded in PHY. But when changing jtag mode into independent, PHY adress finding loop can not find the correct adress. That loop searches the a PHY adress from 1 to 32. 

I use the below same project for above 2 case. Zynq processing system + sgmii ip. 

3. For trying, I put only Zynq processing system opened ENET0, When XC7Z045 changed to independent jtag mode.  PHY address could be found correclty as 1.

So, the problem, when I open the second ENET1 to connect sgmii ip, PHY address of ENET0 could not found. Why ?  Any idea?

Regards,

Tags (4)
Zynq_JTAG_Modes.PNG
sgmii_error.JPG
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PHY address can not be found when passing to Independent mode jtag

hi,

do you see any error message when the PHY is being read?

are you able to read the correct PHY address in cascaded mode?

--hs

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PHY address can not be found when passing to Independent mode jtag

Hi,

Yes. PHY_Adress_Read_Error such an error returns. I looked at in debug mode when PHY driver running. There is a PHY adress finding or reading loop. ın cascaded mode, correct PHY adress found, that is 1. As i hard Coded in PHY. But when changing jtag mode into independent, PHY adress finding loop can not find the correct adress. That loop searches the A PHY adress from 1 to 32 .

Regards,
0 Kudos