UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ethernet core simple gui on PC

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I know there are some programs similar wireshark.

I'm new ethernet communication.

How can i see ethernet data from fpga to PC?

Can anyone tell me step by step what need with any language or platform to see and process over ethernet?

i.e C compiler, C# or others

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Ethernet core simple gui on PC

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I use lwip library , this comes with SDK installation.

It provides  2 different API's. 1) Raw mode 2) Socket mode. Socket mode is simpler. Raw mode works at higher throughputs than Socket mode.

Raw mode works 2 work asynchronously callback. In the receive callback you can echo data or can do anything.

You can find examples through XAPP1026. It is comphrensive and very good document.

It require a hardware includes ethernet core(lite or emac),timer so.. And the software very simple.You can send your data just tcp_write() similar functions. Also it supports other protocols similar udp. 

Many company use this lib and it works at 10,100Mb/s or Gbit speeds. The document also provide max speed results.

In the PC side; anyone can open a client socket anywhere like c#. And can see packets send from Board. I use KC705. For example in the c#;

{

NetworksStream x = clientsocket.getsteam();

serverstream.read(instream,0,clientsocket.buffersize);

}

You can use instream buffer to plot your packets.

Best Regards

Berker

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Wireshark should be good for this once you've actually got whole packets. Otherwise you could use ChipScope or Vivado's ILA depending on the FPGA you're using.

David

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I use lwip library , this comes with SDK installation.

It provides  2 different API's. 1) Raw mode 2) Socket mode. Socket mode is simpler. Raw mode works at higher throughputs than Socket mode.

Raw mode works 2 work asynchronously callback. In the receive callback you can echo data or can do anything.

You can find examples through XAPP1026. It is comphrensive and very good document.

It require a hardware includes ethernet core(lite or emac),timer so.. And the software very simple.You can send your data just tcp_write() similar functions. Also it supports other protocols similar udp. 

Many company use this lib and it works at 10,100Mb/s or Gbit speeds. The document also provide max speed results.

In the PC side; anyone can open a client socket anywhere like c#. And can see packets send from Board. I use KC705. For example in the c#;

{

NetworksStream x = clientsocket.getsteam();

serverstream.read(instream,0,clientsocket.buffersize);

}

You can use instream buffer to plot your packets.

Best Regards

Berker

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor gy343279479
Visitor

Jump to solution

hello~

are you succeed in your project useing lwip socket to sent data? 

0 Kudos