UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant bhavinlapasia
Participant

Ethernet link goes down after boot up

Hi,

I am using Picozed 7030 SoM and developed my own carrier board. On my carrier board I have used a microchip ethernet switch KSZ9896C IC and connected the ENET0 of PS to port 5 of the switch. I am using petalinux 2015.4 and have made the BOOT images using that.

Sometimes after bootup, the switch is not able to detect the ethernet (i.e. the LED connected on LED5_0 doesn't blink). I have also connected a USB UART for debugging. When I do ifconfig, I can see that the eth0 port is configured already to the IP address I need. But when I try to ping the PS via the switch from my laptop, it doesn't ping. I also checked the contents of /sys/class/net/eth0/carrier and when the problem arises, the carrier is 0, when there is no problem, it shows 1.

Also, in PS MIO configuration, the ENET0 reset is unconnected. However, in SoM, by default the ENET0 PHY reset is multiplexed with MIO47 and jumper setting needs to be changed if MIO47 needs to be routed to PHY reset.

I hope I have cited the problem in detail. If any further details required then let me know.

Ethernet Switch Datasheet:

http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/00002390a.pdf

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Ethernet link goes down after boot up

Hi @bhavinlapasia ,

How often do you see the failure vs working situation?

Have you identified a specific cicumstance that the image is not working?

Is your end PC a linux machine? If not, could you please try with a linux machine and test it again?

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Participant bhavinlapasia
Participant

Re: Ethernet link goes down after boot up

It happens like 3 out of 5 times. 

I have connected console on PS_UART1. Please note that the ARM boots up everytime, its only the ethernet link is not up always.

My PC is a linux machine. It gets connected to the ethernet switch always. Only the ARM ENET0 has this behaviour. 

Regards

0 Kudos