Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j.kiran889
Observer
Observer

Ethernet to sfp

Hi,

We are trying to implement 1Gbps and 10Gbps data transfer using SFP transceiver module and ZCU102 board. We are using XAPP1305 document as our reference document. After booting the SD card in ZCU102 board, we are getting the eth1 port enabled. But, when we connect an SFP module externally to a switch, it doesn't recognize it and is not showing any ip address.

We doubt if we need to enable any port or pin or configure the board such the eth1 port detects the SFP module. Could any one suggest a solution.

Attached below the screenshot of the problem we are facing.(There is no ip address getting assigned to eth1 port which is an SFP port).

Thanks and Regards,

Sai Kiran.

sfp.png
0 Kudos
3 Replies
shabbirk

Hi Sai Kiran

Did you try connecting the 10G SFP connector and cable between the PC with 10G NIC and board (SFP0 port on board), instead of a switch?

We havent see any issues with this approach.

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
shabbirk

Hi Sai Kiran

Try shorting the J16 jumper and see if you are able to ping with ready to test images

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
haoze
Observer
Observer

Hi @j.kiran889 Did you use xilinx's 10g/25g ethernet subsystem Ip core with ZCU102? I met the same problem like you. I can find eth2 with MAC address:00 0a 35 00 00 00 when ifconfig .But there is a error that could't find phy i/f as show below.Did you solve this problem? Look forward to your reply!

!phy.png

0 Kudos