cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

GEM0 phy not working.

Jump to solution

I am using the example LWIP echo server program on a ZCU104 board, it just works fine when I enabled GEM3 in the block design. I captured ethernet frames successfully with wireshark. But when I use GEM0, it fails to complete the auto-negotiation, even if I set the lwip bsp's phy speed option to forced 100mbps instead of auto-detected, I still cannot capture a frame, so I guess the phy is not working.

How can this problem be fixed? The reason for sticking to GEM0 is to take advantage of the TSU counter output, which is not available if I use GEM3.

Or if I can make GEM3 TSU counter synchronized with GEM0 TSU counter, and use GEM3 to do the transmission, while GEM0 do the counting?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TinglePan ,

On MPSoC boards, only GEM3 is hard-wired to a RGMII PHY through MIO. GEM0/1/2 are not connected.

You can use GEM0/1/2 EMIO and connect to PL 1000BASE-X/SGMII PHY through the SFP ports to run the tests.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hi @TinglePan ,

On MPSoC boards, only GEM3 is hard-wired to a RGMII PHY through MIO. GEM0/1/2 are not connected.

You can use GEM0/1/2 EMIO and connect to PL 1000BASE-X/SGMII PHY through the SFP ports to run the tests.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."

View solution in original post

Visitor
Visitor

Thanks, I made it.

0 Kudos