UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

GTX XLAUI in kintex-7 How Channel Bonding

Jump to solution

Hi

I have one more doubt. I am using the XLAUI (4*10Gbps) protocol. I have used example design. I have not seen any channel bonding between the 4 Lanes. How the Four different get landed with correct data in the receiver. Is it possible without the channel bonding between the lanes.

Thanking you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: GTX XLAUI in kintex-7 How Channel Bonding

Jump to solution
GT does not have channel bonding functionality with protocols using 64B66B encoding. This should be present in fabric design by using the FIFO primitives. Can you please check the IP files for the relevant module?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

I assumed your question about  GTX XAUI . The XAUI core will follow the reset sequence described in the GT UG .  With RX data present when the reset is issued synchronization should happen once the CDR lock has occurred.  For Channel bonding though, a gtrxreset is issued if channel bonding is not successful and there could be multiple iterations of this. 

Under the right circumstance multiple resets could be needed even if the rx data is valid when  the first reset is issued.  If the buffer  positions end up not aligned across the channels this could  result in channel bonding failing and a gtrxreset being issued. 

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution
Hi Balkrishan
I am using the XLAUI (40 gbps). In this protocol i used the 64B/66B encoding and decoding . I have 4 lanes of each 10Gbps . How the channel bonding will happen between the 4 lanes.

Thanking you
Subash
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
GT does not have channel bonding functionality with protocols using 64B66B encoding. This should be present in fabric design by using the FIFO primitives. Can you please check the IP files for the relevant module?
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I am using the example design. In the example there are no FIFO primitives. I think the example have to work around it. In my design i have 4 lanes for Tx and Rx. For the proper alignment of the data between the lanes than i have insert markers between the lanes and check them in the receiver.

Thanking you

0 Kudos