UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

GTX byte order on RX side, issue with RXOUTCLK ?

Dear all,

I'm using an open source IP to do SRIO exchange. I used the MGT wizard 7 to generate a core able to do 4x bonding.
I'm at the behavioral simulation stage. I have connected twice the same IP back-to-back to test synchronization.
During the initialization phase, the exact same sequence is send by both instances (see TOPx TXData_hi and TXData_lo).
But on the receiving side, bytes are reversed as soon as the GTX is starting to generate data.

From the various post in the forums, I tried to look if the clocks are correctly used:
    - In the wizard my Line Rate is set to 2.5 Gbps and the Reference clock is define to 250 Mhz for TX and RX.
    - TX clock source is set to REFCLK0_Q0
    - in Synchronization and clocking I use TXPLLREFCLK and RXOUTCLK for RXUSRCLK.
    - I checked in the generated code, I have
        --------------- Receive Ports - RX Fabric Output Control Ports -------------
        RXOUTCLK                        =>      rxoutclk_out,
        RXOUTCLKFABRIC                  =>      open,
        RXOUTCLKPCS                     =>      open,
        RXOUTCLKSEL                     =>      "010",
        ---------------------- Receive Ports - RX Gearbox Ports -----------------

as far I understood, I should used the CDR.

But from the various post, it seems I'm not used the CDR....
I was expected to have the RXUSRCLK2 with a small phase difference but in the simulation, they are strictly phase with the reference clock provided. To check that, I added in the test bench an artificial delay, in the TX/RX line with:
    busRX_02_p(0) <= transport busTX_01_p(0) after 2 ns;    
    busRX_02_n(0) <= transport busTX_01_n(0) after 2 ns;        

But the reference clock provided and the RXUSRCLK2 are still in phase. When I do that, the _second_ instance of the IP also displays the bytes in the wrong order (thus making both instances displaying in the same order)

Where do I need to look for ? Is there something I miss as I generated the wizard asking for a multi-lane, but I'm testing the 1x degraded mode ? Bonding is ok as only individual byte are considered.

Thanks for your help

Arnaud

RXDATA1.png
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: GTX byte order on RX side, issue with RXOUTCLK ?

Check the byte alignment section and the status signals of this block. What are the settings chosen for internal data width, ALIGN_COMMA_WORD?

Are you simulating the example design of GT wizard?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos