UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

GTX data rate

hello

I am trying to transmit mass data from a VC707 board to another VC707 board via GTX at 10 Gbits/sec.

To do so, first, I worked with a single VC707 board.

I connected the differential RX ports of GTX on SMA connectors to the differential TX ports of GTX on SMA connectors.

Using a single Transceiver IP for both transmit and receive, I observed data transfer at 10Gbits/sec without any error.

Then I started to use both of the VC707 boards.

I cross connected the RX ports of the boards to TX ports of the boards.

At 6.25 Gbits/sec, while sending comma characters only I observe erroneous bytes at receive sides of both boards.

However at 4 Gbits/sec, while sending comma characters only I do not observe any erroneous bytes at receive sides of both boards.

In the figures below you can find the received signal patterns measured differentially from RX ports of GTX

at 4Gbits/sec

1.jpg

at 6.25Gbits/sec

2.jpg

I am using 40cm RF cables of which phase latency are almost same.

The grounds of the boards are not necessarily matched since the signals are AC coupled.

Should I change any parameters while tranmitting from one board to the other?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: GTX data rate

Hi

Are you using any specific protocol for these tests or is this a custom protocol.

Can you try using the 10G Ethernet subystem to test your 10Gbs data rates.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @fatih.aydogdu,

Can you share .xci file to know the details about your IP customization?

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

hello

first of all, the problem I mentioned is not related with the protocol since the receiver does not take the comma bytes correctly.

I mean there is problem even if the transmitter sends only comma bytes not data bytes.

I do not use specific protocol. Instead I use simple protocol which is verified when I use single VC707 board for data transmission.

The verified simple protocol is like this.

state 0: send 4 bytes of comma, make read enable of data fifo 1, state<=state+1.

state 1: send 4 bytes of comma, make read enable of data fifo 0, state<=state+1.

state 2: send 4 bytes of comma, if valid data from fifo buffer 512 bit data from fifo to be send and go to state 3.

if not valid go to state 0.

state 3-17:  send 4 bytes of data, state<=state+1

state 18:  send 4 bytes of data, state<=0

I am also attaching the .xci file.

best regards

0 Kudos

It seems you enabled DFE equalizer. Check by enabling LPM.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello

Actually, I was using LPM-Auto Mode for RX Equalization.

I tried to use DFE-Auto Mode for RX Equalization which increased the amount of erroneous comma values received.

Eventhough I still receive receive erroneous comma values in LPM-Auto Mode, LPM-Auto Mode is more successfull.

0 Kudos