Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefano134
Observer
Observer

Genesys2 Ethernet Problem

Jump to solution

hello,
i'm trying to test the ethernet port of my genesys 2 board using the demo 'IwIp Echo Server', as shown in the tutorial: 'https: //reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/genesys-2-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers/start ' but i can't get it to work. i'm experiencing some anomalies. first of all after connecting the board to the pc the led 'Link' doesn't stay on but it blinks, and then vitis gives me some warnings for the microblaze that i don't know if i can ignore. the only thing different from the tutorial i did was to add a clock and move the addresses of the axi ethernet block. i think i have to change manually the address on echo server, but on the codes i don't see any address written.
does anyone know how to fix this?

Tags (1)
echo_problem2.png
echo_problem.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefano134
Observer
Observer

thanks for the reply,
i tried with a previous version of vivado, 2016.4 and then using sdk, and there everything works. i think it is a vitis problem or there is some hidden setting to enable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nanz

Hi @Stefano134 ,

The most likely is the PHY init sequence is not taken care of. Please check the following AR and see if that helps: 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/63495.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Stefano134
Observer
Observer

thanks for the reply,
i tried with a previous version of vivado, 2016.4 and then using sdk, and there everything works. i think it is a vitis problem or there is some hidden setting to enable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @Stefano134 ,

If an older version used to work, have you compared the source codes differences, Vitis settings differences? Are you sure the HWs are exactly the same between two versions? 

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

0 Kudos
Stefano134
Observer
Observer

yes the hardware are the same, the only difference are the warnings that I put in the image, and I think they depend on some problems of the library 'lwip211_v1_3', in fact for the previous versions I use the library 'lwip141' and it doesn't give problems. now I don't know if it's only my problem or it depends on an error in the library.

echo_problem3.png
0 Kudos