Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Get some advice and tips to design ETHERNET switch or even TSN switch on FPGA

Hi,

I am going to design An Ethernet switch on FPAG. Our input data could have priority also we need to design the switch on real-time applications. So, in this case, there is another protocol called TSN. But since the design of the TSN switch at the beginning maybe needs too much time, I am going to start with an Ethernet switch. I found some codes on opencores and Github, but since I am going to understand concepts completely I am looking for a course or document or video or any other ways that explained concepts from scratch. I really appreciate to give me a good reference for this case.

Bests,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Get some advice and tips to design ETHERNET switch or even TSN switch on FPGA

Hey @adnan86,

Good resources for Ethernet would be XAPP1305, XAPP1306, and the user guide for the Ethernet IP of the speed grade you plan to use. PG138 is a good example. There's also an Example Design that you can generate for each IP by right-clicking it. 

Good luck, 

Nicholas Moellers

Xilinx Worldwide Technical Support
0 Kudos
Observer
Observer

Re: Get some advice and tips to design ETHERNET switch or even TSN switch on FPGA

@nmoeller   Thank you for your advice. These documents sound really nice and I ill read them. 

But we can use these documents and IPs to designing Ethernet examples, not specific switch, it would be nice if I have something related to designing a switch from scratch.

Bests,

0 Kudos