cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

How to use 10G/25G infacing by control and status vector?

I am trying to do ARP request generator on ZCU102 through 10G Ethernet by using 10G/25G Ethernet subsystem which I used xapp 1305 as a guideline. I already test my APR request generator module by using KCU105+10 gigabit Ethernet media access controller (10GEMAC). As a result, ARP request is shown on wireshark on the computer.

When I porting ARP generator module to ZCU102 by using 10G/25G from xapp 1305(by changing from configured by S_AXI to control and status vectors as shown in figure). It can receive packet from SFP but it cannot send ARP request to PC. I have checked connection with pg210 v2.3.

Has anyone worked with 10G/25G Ethernet subsystem with successfully on a ZCU102 evaluation board by configure interface through control and status vectors?

Tags (3)
1514961914672.jpg
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Hi @dnop030, I have verified XAPP1305 10G design on ZCU102 board.

When you use configuration vector instead of the management interface, have you successfully brought xapp1305 design up and running and can you ping from both sides?  This will firstly help rule out if it's related to your ARP generator module.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

To close this thread

This issue turned out to be because of padding.

Legacy 10G core pads packets to minimum sized(64bytes) packets as per the standard and in new 10G/25G Subystem users need to pad the packets to minimum length.

Issue is resolved after adding the padding bytes.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

how to add the padding bytes?

Theory is grey,
and only the tree of life forever!
0 Kudos