cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gszakacs
Instructor
Instructor

Impact warns of Evaluation features of TEMAC generated with full project license

Jump to solution

I have a project with 4 soft TEMAC cores generated using the EF-DI-TEMAC-PROJ purchased license.  I had previously built the core using a hardware eval license.  Now after regenerating the core, it appears to be built using the purchased license, but I still get a warning in Impact that the bitstream contains evaluation core and should be rebuilt (see this thread for similar warning).

I ran the xlicmgr report as described in that thread and see this:

Found license(s):
    IP core 'gigemac_no_mdio' (tri_mode_eth_mac_v5_5) was generated with multiple features:
        IP feature '10_100_mb_eth_mac@2012.12' was enabled using a FULL license.
        IP feature 'eth_avb_endpoint@2012.12' was enabled using a DESIGN_LINKING license.

The above messages repeat 4 times.

Having no idea what the second core was, I searched for "eth_avb_endpoint" and see that it is an AV Bridging IP that has been rolled into the TEMAC IP.  What's not clear is whether my general purpose MAC application uses any features of this IP and whether I still need to address this licensing issue to make sure my final design is not time-limited in hardware.  It appears that the generated bitstream works.  I have built a simple pass-through using two copies of the TEMAC attached to two PHY devices, and currently have my PC connected to the network going through the FPGA.

So the real question is:

Is the MAC as configured still running a time-limited hardware eval core?

If so, what is the approximate time-out of the core so I can check that the loaded design is properly licensed and generated.

If not, what else needs to be done to make the core run correctly without the license problem?  (I have already regenerated the core after installing the purchased license).

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Gabor,

The AVB core is integrated with the TEMAC and requires a separate license.

However if you haven't enabled the AVB option during the core generation then you can ignore this warning as you have the full

TEMAC license and the design will work without any time out.

If your design have a hardware evaluation license then the core timeouts in between 4 to 8 hours.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Gabor,

The AVB core is integrated with the TEMAC and requires a separate license.

However if you haven't enabled the AVB option during the core generation then you can ignore this warning as you have the full

TEMAC license and the design will work without any time out.

If your design have a hardware evaluation license then the core timeouts in between 4 to 8 hours.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
gszakacs
Instructor
Instructor

Thank you, Satish.

I did some looking at the AVB core after I originally posted and realized that I didn't need it and in fact did not enable it when I generated the TEMAC core.  It would be nice to remove the license warning for that core when whe AVB is not actually enabled.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
yenigal
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi Gabor,

Yes i agree with you.

I will let the Licensing team know about this and look into this.

Regards,

Satish