cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
douglas.yamamoto
Contributor
Contributor

Interrupt to External Pin

I am trying to map the ip2intc_irpt pin on an AXI EthernetLite IP to an external pin so I can use it as a pulse to capture timing information on an o-scope.  The evaluation board I am using is Digilent Arty-7-35T, and I am connecting the interrupt line to pin D13 (Connector JA, Pin 7).

The IO mapping is shown in the the Synthesis and Implementation, I can see the interrupt in the xparameters.h file.  I have tailored the lwip template project to reach this state.  In the Microblaze code I enable the Global Interrupt Enable bit as well as the Receive and Transmit Interrupt enable bits in their respective registers.  I can set up a TCP/IP session via Teraterm and see the project execute as I expect.  The only exception to proper behavior is seeing pin D13 move from 0V on the o-scope.  SharedScreenshot.jpg

Attached is a screenshot of the block diagram showing the methodology described.  Any ideas? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nanz

Hi @douglas.yamamoto ,

I am not sure if I understand the issue - "The only exception to proper behavior is seeing pin D13 move from 0V on the o-scope. "?

Do you mean when pin D13 moves above 0V, the application does not behave/run as expected?

What is the unexpected behavior? Have you been able to trace it down through SDK?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
douglas.yamamoto
Contributor
Contributor

@nanz 

To clarify, D13 does not move from 0V which make it appear as though an interrupt is never getting triggered.  I have yet to set any breakpoints in SDK, are there any suggestions for a good place in the code?

0 Kudos