Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

JESD204 Transmission Problem

Jump to solution

I'm currently working on setting up a JES204 connection between a Xilinx ZC706 and a DAC FMC card. I have seem to run into a weird situation in my configuration process. I have programmed the JESD core on the FPGA side with the correct values, but my DAC is recieveing some incorrect values for the M, Subclass, and JESDV (jesd version) values. I have experimented some with the M value and found that I recieve the correct value on the DAC if the value is a 0,1,2, or 4. However if I try to use the value I need (a 3) the DAC recieves a 1C. The other problem is the 1s for subclass and JESDV turn into C's.

All the other values work fine, but for some reason these three don't appear to work properly. Would anyone be able to provide some insight?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: JESD204 Transmission Problem

Jump to solution
What is the DAC FMC card you are using? Check the serial P/N connections between the FMC and ZC706. You may need to assert TXPOLARITY to the transceiver if there is a mismatch. (It will still sync on K28.5 since the 10b codes are exact inverses).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Teacher
Teacher

Jump to solution

? signal integrity ?

is there a test mode in the system where you can test the link / BERT between two ?

wonder if the values change with tempature ?

just a thought ,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I'm working on deciphering the frames the JESD204 IP block is sending to try and pinpoint where the problem lies. The interface syncs properly (the DAC tells me that it has recieved 4 consecutive K28.5 characters, the frames are synced, and it is getting ILAS), the checksum is not working properly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
Also the values seem to be consistent so it doesn't appear it changes with the temperature.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
What is the DAC FMC card you are using? Check the serial P/N connections between the FMC and ZC706. You may need to assert TXPOLARITY to the transceiver if there is a mismatch. (It will still sync on K28.5 since the 10b codes are exact inverses).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I am using an AD 9154 FMC eval card. Where do I find the TXPOLARITY bit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution
Nevermind, I found that pin. However, if the polarity were incorrect wouldn't all of the values I am writing be wrong rather then only some of them? I'll give it a try nevertheless.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Well I'll be darned. That fixed it! Thank you very much for the help!

0 Kudos