UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie ee15m012

LWIP Echo Server Application on SDK 2016.2

LWIP echo server application provided with SDK 2016.2 fails to work on microblaze using axi ethernetlite IP. Not able to telnet into board eventhough the uart terminal shows all the valid print outs showing that application runs on the board. I am using VC707 evaluation kit.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: LWIP Echo Server Application on SDK 2016.2

Do you have your ehternet connection set up?. The connection may time out if Ethernet connection not setup or issue with ethernet cable
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Newbie ee15m012

hai

Sorry for the late reply. (Using SDK 2016.2 and Vivado 2016.2)

I am using VC707 Evaluation board . I am using axi ethernetlite IP and axi timer IP in my design. Both the interrupts are connected to interrupt controller using a concat and then the output of interrupt controller connected to Microblaze soft core processor. ethernetlite uses MII interface. The LWIP echo server applications prints all the messages including IP set for the board on the UART gtkterm terminal. Host PC and target board are connected using xilinx provided cross cable. Auto negotiation happens and set the speed to 100 Mbps and IP sets to 192.168.1.1 including all gateways etc. But there it ends . Not possible to even ping and hence telnet also saying Destination host unreachable. I am stuck with this.

0 Kudos
Newbie ee15m012

Adding more to my recent posts....

The following prints on the uart terminal on running the LWIP echo server application on VC707 evaluation board.

-----lwIP TCP echo server ------
TCP packets sent to port 7 will be echoed back
auto-negotiated link speed: 100
DHCP Timeout
Configuring default IP of 192.168.1.10
Board IP: 192.168.1.10
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Gateway : 192.168.1.1
TCP echo server started @ port 7

Afterwards ping and telnet also didn't work. I am stuck with this

Hoping some suggestions

With regards

Bibin Basheer

0 Kudos
Visitor andy.hrnicek
Visitor

This was never resolved... I'm seeing the same problem.

I have the microblaze configured for "Linux with MMU" and ran auto-connection wizard to do the memory setup. THen i used the Application Project in SDK for lwIP. As above, i get the UART message just fine but no echo. I have a 2014.4 project based on the lwIP that works but I'm trying to upgrade it to 2016.2 to match some other sample projects I need to use.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Visitor fpga24bit
Visitor

Hi I have exactly the same Problem when launching the echo server on the reference file of XAPP1026. I focused now on the DHCP Error. DCHP is automaticly activated if the IP adress is given automaticly in the WIN10 control panel. The XAPP1026 page 24 says it is possible to either deactivate DCHP in the BSP settings or launch a DCHP server on WIN10. Both dont work for me,

When i try to deactivate BSP in the socket_app_bsp (right click on the socket_apps_bsp folder in the project explorer then choose board support packages ) i get the attched error.

I am stuck at this too

BSP_Settings_Error.png
0 Kudos
Visitor liudi
Visitor

Sorry to bother you,i just downloaded the lwip echo server example which is provided by vivado2014.3, and the documentation is XAPP1026. So where can i get the example provided by vivado2016 or vivado2016.

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Hi @liudi,

Our Community Help has a tip that might help you : Tip: If the message is older than 6-12 months, please post a new message rather than adding to the existing thread. Your inquiry will have a better chance of being picked up by an expert if it is a new topic.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/posting#posting

I would suggest you create a new topic on the appropriate board. I am closing this topic.

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos