UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor apiskur
Visitor

LWIP UDP Communications Not Working on ZCU-102 A53 Cores 2 and 3

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has run into this particular problem, or could possibly help me find a solution.  I am developing a baremetal application for a ZCU-102 that communicates with another application running on a PC.  I have been partially successful in using the LWIP raw UDP functionality of the Xilinx SDK's board support package.  The application I have developed communicates just fine if I load it into cores 0 or 1 of the A53 processor in the ZynqMP on the eval board.  If I take the exact same application and load it onto cores 2 or 3 of the A53 processor, it ceases to be able to communicate via UDP.  Activating debug statements in the LWIP, via the BSP, produces no useful information. 

As a sanity check, I loaded the UDP perf client example program from the SDK onto my ZCU-102, on A53 core 2 and ran the server component on my PC.  The UDP perf client will not initiate the conversation when running on core 2 or core 3.  It works a lot better on core 0 or core 1. 

Has anyone experienced this before?  I am using the Xilinx SDK version 2018.2.  I am using the default example FSBL and default ZCU-102 hardware profile.  Whether I program QSPI or load via jtag makes no difference.  

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Visitor kgraefe
Visitor

Re: LWIP UDP Communications Not Working on ZCU-102 A53 Cores 2 and 3

Did you ever solve your problem? I I think I may have the same issue.

0 Kudos
Visitor apiskur
Visitor

Re: LWIP UDP Communications Not Working on ZCU-102 A53 Cores 2 and 3

Thanks for your reply.  We decided to go with serial port communications for our applications that we run in single-core mode on cores 2 and 3.  We have been very successful with this kind of setup using the baremetal OS configuration.

I read your question and the replies to it, and that is basically the response I got from talking with Xilinx representatives directly.  They do not officially support running ANYTHING on cores 2 and 3 of the A53 in the Ultrascale+ SOC.  The whole AMP argument arises whenever I mention cores beyond core 0 of the A53.  I did not attempt to chase the problem any further after learning this.  I will not, however, close this topic as I believe Xilinx needs to enable single core operation on all cores of the A53, at least with a single baremetal application and no other cores in use.  The fact that core 0 and core 1 both work this way means somebody neglected to get cores 2 and 3 functional in the same manner.     

0 Kudos