cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcwill585
Adventurer
Adventurer

LWIP echo server needs to be programmed several times to work on Zturn dev board

Jump to solution

I'm programming the myir zturn with zynq 7020.  I'm doing the lwip echo server with a JTAG boot.  Sometimes I have to program the zynq several times before I'm able to ping the zturn.  The only way to know if the lwip echo server is working is to ping the zynq.  Any solutions to this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nanz

Hi @jcwill585 ,

Have you also checked to change a different link partner or change a cable to test? It could be related to the setup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nanz

Hi @jcwill585 ,

Lwip echo application is the simplest application so you can ping to test the link. If ping is not working, lwip echo app might not be up.

You probably should find out why you will need to program many times and narrow down the differences. You can add different break points in lwip application codes and debug step-into it in SDK to check where you are stuck in the case that you cannot ping.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

0 Kudos
jcwill585
Adventurer
Adventurer

The app is up and in UART I get the printf message that the server has started.  The program does not get stuck anywhere and seems to run the same as when the ping is working.

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @jcwill585 ,

Have you also checked to change a different link partner or change a cable to test? It could be related to the setup.

View solution in original post

jcwill585
Adventurer
Adventurer

Pinging from a new PC with the firewall turned off has fixed the issue.

0 Kudos