Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

LWIP not working

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

I am trying to design a PL ethernet for my motor controller unit connected to the fmc. I created the design, mapped the ethernet to appropriate pins, generated the bitstream and exported the bitstream to the sdk.

In the sdk I selected lwip, after that I directlty programmed fpga and ran the code. But the echo server is not working. Its shown like

-----lwIP TCP echo server ------
TCP packets sent to port 6001 will be echoed back
auto-negotiated link speed: 69073

After that nothing. I am pretty sure thatI have written the constraints correctly. I am attaching the block diagram tcl file and the hdf files along with this. What am I missing? Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

I am using Zedboard and I am using the ethernet port from the motor controler

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: LWIP not working

Jump to solution
Hi @sampatd
Thanks for the reply. I just found out the problem with the design. I was using a timer and interrupt controller and connected the intr pin of the intc to the concat along with the interrupts from dma and temac. I removed the timer and intc, now its working fine.
Thanks for the reply
Karthik R

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

What mode is the Ethernet IP set to? What PHY do you have?

Try changing the link speed to manual and see if you can get it working:

lwip_phylink_manual.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Thanks for the reply. Phy_link_speed is set to autodetect. I am using Marvell Integrated 10/100/1000 Mbps Energy Efficient Ethernet Transceiver from the board AD FMCMOTCON1-EBZ.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
I tried setting the linkspeed manually. There was some change. Console printed the gateway ip and all. I thought the echo server will work. But even now it is not working. Please help me out here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

The phy used is PHY IEEE1588.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution
Please use XAPP1082 (PL Ethernet) example as a reference to get the lwIP echo server working. Let me know if you still face issues.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

I have gone through the document before staring the design. I have one more doubt I am using PHY IEEE1588 which is absent in xemacpsif_physpeed.c. Is that a problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution
If you are using a PL ethernet then xemacpsif_physpeed.c should not be a problem, since that concerns PS ethernet. You should be looking into file xaxiemacif_physpeed.c
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
I am sorry @sampatd , not xemacpsif_physpeed.c, actually i meant xaxiemacif_physpeed.c
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Thanks for the reply @sampatd , actuallu I used the same design as reference. Even then I am not getting anything. The only difference I have made is the clock. In the above design he is using a differential clock, which I avoided. I have tried almost everything even now I can't connect with the tcpecho server. Please help me here..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi @sampatd
Thanks for the reply. I just found out the problem with the design. I was using a timer and interrupt controller and connected the intr pin of the intc to the concat along with the interrupts from dma and temac. I removed the timer and intc, now its working fine.
Thanks for the reply
Karthik R

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

hello,

I am honored to read your posts.I have similar problem with you.Can I ask you some question ? In my design, I use lwip echo program to sent data that axi dma program receive from hardware. But when the axi dma program start running,the lwip echo program quit. I think the problem exist in interrupt.I find that you are talking about intr.Can you help me to analysis this problem ? Thank you very much.1.png2.png3.png4.png  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,other question ,the interrupt controller and the interrupts from dma and emac you talk about is hardware connections ? or c program . I can find how liwp echo establish its interrupt.Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi ,

I am also facing the same problem.I have to use both timer and Ethernet.I have searched a lot on different blogs but not able to find any solution.

I am using ZC702 Soc Ev. kit with Vivado 2016.2 tool.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Regards,

raj

0 Kudos