Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeevanreddymandali
Adventurer
Adventurer

No REFCLKPWRDNB in my GTX wrapper file

Jump to solution

Guys, I had the physical DRC error. I was asked to follow AR#33473. But I donot have REFCLKPWRDNB  in my wrapper file. What to do now? In my design I am using two independent tiles of X0Y3(only X0Y3).

Regards,

jeevanreddymandali
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
venkata
It looks like you are expecting similar terminology between GT and Aurora. Actually they are different.

With Aurora, POWERDOWN_IN port connects to both TXPOWERDOWN, RXPOWERDOWN.

In general, REFCLKPWRDNB is not brought to user level. It will be connected to VCC as shown below.
.REFCLKPWRDNB (tied_to_vcc_i),

Please refer to *_tile.v file to bring this port to top level and do the necessary connections.

This means REFCLK is always enabled.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
Which device are you targeting?

As per the answer record, REFCLKPWRDNB needs to be tied to 1 when you power down the transceiver by connecting TXPOWERDOWN[1:0] and RXPOWERDOWN{1:0] to "11" to save power.

If you don't power down the unused transceiver then you need not tie REFCLKPWRDNB to 1.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
jeevanreddymandali
Adventurer
Adventurer
I am targeting Virtex-5 xc5vfx100t-1ff1136. Okay brother, if thats the case, but where is my REFCLKPWRDNB signal? After seeing you r answer now I come to know that I donot even have TXPOWERDOWN, RXPOWERDOWN signals(ports). I only have a POWERDOWN_IN port. OMG!
jeevanreddymandali
0 Kudos
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've generated a GTX core for the specified design and could see the ports- TXPOWERDOWN0 & RXPOWERDOWN0 in the _tile.v file. I could also see REFCLKPWRDNB  port. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

0 Kudos
jeevanreddymandali
Adventurer
Adventurer
which version are you using? I am using 12.4 and aurora v6.1. Even now I generated a new file, I donot have them.
jeevanreddymandali
0 Kudos
smarell
Community Manager
Community Manager
I'm using 14.6 version of tools. I have generated Aurora 8b/10b v5.3 core and could see these ports in GTX_DUAL instantiation.

Can you please share aurora*_tile.v (or vhd) file?

0 Kudos
venkata
It looks like you are expecting similar terminology between GT and Aurora. Actually they are different.

With Aurora, POWERDOWN_IN port connects to both TXPOWERDOWN, RXPOWERDOWN.

In general, REFCLKPWRDNB is not brought to user level. It will be connected to VCC as shown below.
.REFCLKPWRDNB (tied_to_vcc_i),

Please refer to *_tile.v file to bring this port to top level and do the necessary connections.

This means REFCLK is always enabled.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
venkata
one other note...please post Aurora related queries in connectivity board.
0 Kudos
jeevanreddymandali
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for your time really smarell! Here is my _tile.vhd file. Actually I have no one to teach me. I am doing every step basedon net and pdfs. Thats why I may be doing such silly mistakes.

jeevanreddymandali
0 Kudos
jeevanreddymandali
Adventurer
Adventurer

sorry venkata from next time I will follow this rule. Thanks. I attached my _tile.vhd . Please take a look!

jeevanreddymandali
0 Kudos