UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ulisesh
Visitor

No activity on UltraScale+ 100G CMAC RX OTN Interface

Hello,

We have a system with a 100G CMAC and works as expected, CAUI4 PCS, 100G MAC, RMON state, etc. all good. Unfortunately I'm trying to use the CMAC OTN Rx Interface but can't get any sign of life out of it; according to the documentation the outputs signals are always available, I've hooked up ChipsScope to:

rx_otn_data_0  
rx_otn_data_1  
rx_otn_data_2  
rx_otn_data_3  
rx_otn_data_4  
rx_otn_ena     
rx_otn_lane0   
rx_otn_vlmarker

and all signals are stuck (I use the rx_clk to sample the signals as described in the UserGuide). I've also connected those signals to debug registers and nothing, has anyone used this interface successsfully?

Thanks in advance,

-Ulises

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: No activity on UltraScale+ 100G CMAC RX OTN Interface

Please try IP core example design first.

Can you see them working in the example simulation?

0 Kudos
Visitor ulisesh
Visitor

Thanks for your answer, when we started using the CMAC I did run the example simulation to understand the segmented bus, it wasn't trivial to run tbh. So I was expecting not to go through that pain again.
I'll give it a go but haven't got high expectations, so far simulation and HW behaviour have been pretty much the same on this CMAC.
0 Kudos
Visitor ulisesh
Visitor

Good call on the simulation, now this gets interesting... so there is activity on those signals in simulation but in HW they are stuck regardless of the input I feed into the CMAC, whether is a valid CAUI4, unframed 100Gbps, etc. Any other suggestion would be apreciatted.

CMAC_Rx_Otn.JPG

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Have you tried the example on board?

How is stat_rx_aligned and stat_rx_synced on board?

0 Kudos
Visitor ulisesh
Visitor

Yes the CMAC has aligned and is synched, I am receiving packets but the OTn signals are stuck.
0 Kudos