UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

One side 10G Ethernet subsystem

Jump to solution

Hi, I want to use 10G Ethernet Subsystem IP. I have 2 port, one is transmitter only and the other is receiver only. When I connect both side of fiber to the SFP, it works fine. But I want to use only one side, so I disconnect the side that I don't use (Tx side of receiver to Rx side of transmitter). But in that case, the data won't transmit. Any idea what should I do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: One side 10G Ethernet subsystem

Jump to solution

Hi @rezak3021

From initial post i understand that you are interfacing device A to device B.

But when you disconnect the cable Tx side of receiver to Rx side of transmitter then device A detects a fault because there is no signal received.

The Device A MAC reconciliation layer receives the local fault. This triggers the MAC reconciliation layer to silently drop any data being transmitted and instead transmit a remote fault.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @rezak3021

From initial post i understand that you are interfacing device A to device B.

But when you disconnect the cable Tx side of receiver to Rx side of transmitter then device A detects a fault because there is no signal received.

The Device A MAC reconciliation layer receives the local fault. This triggers the MAC reconciliation layer to silently drop any data being transmitted and instead transmit a remote fault.

Regards
Pratap

Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@rpr

Thanks, it worked

0 Kudos