UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor ngwill
Visitor

PCI interrupts

Hi,

I have been trying out the example VHDL for the Xilinx Initiator/Target PCI core.  Starting with the ping.vhd example, I removed all the initiator stuff to keep it simple and output a byte in BAR0 to some seven segment displays on my development board.  My linux driver works at this point, so I can read and write to that register. 

Now I'm trying to use a push button as an interrupt.  Just as a crude check I used the push button to assert the interrupt signal and managed to get the driver to change the register.  Of course, I want to use interrupt acknowledgement to deassert the interrupt signal so that only one interrupt is generated for each time the push button is pressed.

I thought that I could wait for a change in PCI_CMD(0) (Interrupt acknowledge) before deasserting the interrupt and that would be it.  Is there anything obvious that I'm not doing correctly?

Nathan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor ngwill
Visitor

Re: PCI interrupts

I've got it working now.  I found that I shouldn't have the interrupt acknowlegement enabled in ping_cfg.vhd.
0 Kudos