Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

PCS/PMA MDIO configuration

Hello all,

I am trying to configure the PCS/PMA Gigabit Ethernet IP through the MDIO bus, as I have seen in the implementation example. Once I do that, looking at the status vector I see that in my design I never get the Link status HIGH, so it means that the link is no valid. As my intention is configure the IP like in the example I compared the two simulations (the example simulation and my design simulation). Here are the results of the Behavioural simulation:

Example simulation:
EthernetPCS_example.PNG

My design simulation:
MDIO_mysimulation.PNG

As you can see, in my design the link status is never HIGH, and instead of having a status vector equal to 080a is equal to 0850, and I don't know why. 

Any ideas?

Thanks and best regards,

baldrism

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: PCS/PMA MDIO configuration

Hi @baldrism,

How long have you run your simulation? Have you set EXAMPLE_SIMULATION to 1 to reduce the simulation time?

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hello @nanz,

thanks for your reply.The simulation lasts 40 us. And I have not set the EXAMPLE_SIMULATION to 1 to reduce the simulation time, it is good to know that. ;)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

Hello all,

I just guessed that the problem was that I was not simulating the RX signal coming from the PC, so I would not be able to see the configuration done. So what I did was to try to test the connectivity connecting the PC to the FPGA and launching the program. But what I saw was the same behaviour. The status_vector remains 0x850 and never gets 080a nor 080b.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

baldrism

0 Kudos