UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

PS ETH0 vs ETH1

I have PS ETH0 working.  It is responding to pings with the FreeRTOS TCP stack.

When I switch to PS ETH1, it doesn't work.  I just change these references:

• XPAR_PS7_ETHERNET_0_BASEADDR to XPAR_PS7_ETHERNET_1_BASEADDR
  • XPAR_PS7_ETHERNET_0_DEVICE_ID to XPAR_PS7_ETHERNET_1_DEVICE_ID
  • EMAC interrupt 0x36 to 0x4D

Is there anything else I need to do?  ETH is using the GMII-to-RGMII IP in the PL.  How/where does the emacps driver configure that IP when ETH1 is used vs ETH0?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: PS ETH0 vs ETH1

Hi @ewong3 ,

Can you please provide more info regarding your setup? Do both GEM0 and GEM1 connect to GMII2RGMII on PL and connect to an external RGMII PHY?

Is this the FreeRTOS LWIP example desgin from SDK that you use for testing? Where is it stuck when you say it's not working for GEM1?

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."
Adventurer
Adventurer

GEM0 connects to the external PHY directly.

GEM1 connects to GMII2RGMII in PL then connects to external PHY

I'm not using the LWIP examples.  I'm using the FreeRTOS TCP stack: https://www.freertos.org/FreeRTOS-Plus/FreeRTOS_Plus_TCP/index.html

It is not stuck anywhere that I can tell.  The software is running, but I don't get any data when using ETH1.  To switch to ETH1, I made the above mentioned reference changes.  Does the emacps driver take care of extra configuration when using GMII2RGMII IP?

0 Kudos

Hi @ewong3 ,

Yes, emacps is supporting GMII2RGMII with GEM. Please can you test freeRTOS LWIP example design delivered with SDK to check how that works first?

When you say you don't get any data, does it mean that you cannot ping at all? 

"Don't forget to reply, kudo and accept as solution."