cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem about rxcodeerr, with vertex6 GTH, 64b/66b encoding

Hi, I encountered a problem about recodeerr provided by vertex 6 GTH.

As we know, if a GTH link is physically disconnected(the cable is removed), we can see rxcodderr ports from the corresponding GTH lanes would become '1' or keep jumping.

In the vertex6 chips, I configured 2 GTH as 2 independent link, which connect to 2 different chips.

The quads I used are GTHE1_QUAD_X1Y1 and GTHE1_QUAD_X1Y2.

But, if I disconnected the cable of X1Y2, the rxcodeerr of X1Y1 would be seldom  '1'(kept for only 1~2 clks rarely).

I thought that that 2 links should operate independently. When X1Y2 is disconnected, the link of X1Y1 should keep its operation normally, but the recodeerr of X1Y1 shows up sometimes.

How can I solve  such a problems, or should I directly omit the recodeerr of X1Y1 in this situation?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are some further details.
The frequency of X1Y1 rxcodeerr happening is about 1 Hz.
Every time it shows up, it only keeps 1~2 clks.
At that clock, the received data pattern is also crashed, so we cannot directly omit the rxcodeerr.
It seems that the operation of X1Y1 is indeed affected by X1Y2.
0 Kudos
venkata

Can you tell how did you configure the GTH in GTHE1_QUAD_X1Y1 and GTHE1_QUAD_X1Y2? Whether any clocks are shared between the two links?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the GTH wizard(start from scratch) from coregen.

For the both GTH quad, the corresponding gth_refclks are distributed without any other access.

The drp_clk is generated from other free-running clock.(Both of the quads are using the same drp_clk.)

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the vertex6 chip I used, there are 6 GTH quads, with 6 corresponding gth_refclks.

About the problem I mentioned, I also tried to use another quad to check.

If I configured X1Y1 with disconnected X0Y0, I didn't see the rxcodeerr of X1Y1.

It seems like that if X1Y1 is configured with disconnected X1Y2 or X1Y0, then rxcodeerr of X1Y1 shows up.

When the 2 quads belongs to the same column, their operation are not independent to each other.

Is there any solution to improve such a situation?

Thank you.

0 Kudos