Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemilshah
Observer
Observer

Ptp using two Arty Z7 boards with zynq SOC

Hello, 

I am trying to implement the PTP example code using two Arty Z7 20 boards. I am referring to the example code and instructions found here https://github.com/Xilinx/embeddedsw/tree/master/XilinxProcessorIPLib/drivers/emacps/examples.

Setup:
In my setup I have connected two Arty boards with each other with a cross cabled Ethernet and both the boards are connected with the computer using USB. 
I have imported the example codes in two different SDK files for Master and Slave and defined IEEE1588_MASTER flag in xemacps_ieee1588.h file for master and kept the slave file as it is. 
I built and run the code in master first followed by slave and check the results on two screen tabs on the terminals. 

Problem:
I can observe that my slave board is also working as a master and I am not able to figure out why is this thing happening, is there a problem with my connection or there is something that I am missing to define. Please help me out.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
nishak

@hemilshah 

How do you run the executables? Please make sure to check the executable names.

Thanks, Nisha

hemilshah
Observer
Observer

Thank you @nishak  for your response. I have the following example codes provided by Xilinx SDK in both Master and Slave SDK files.
xemacps_ieee1588_example.c
xemacps_ieee1588.c
xemacps_ieee1588.h

Inside the xemacps_ieee1588.h file I have defined the IEEE_1588 Master flag and left the slave as it is.
After that I build and run the .elf file generated for both master and slave respectively on two different Arty boards.
Am I doing anything incorrect. Please help.
I am using two different SDK for master and slave. 

0 Kudos
nishak

@hemilshah,

Could you share the logs from the test?

hemilshah
Observer
Observer

@nishak Sure.
Please have a look at the attachments. I have attached the logs obtained when I run code for master as well as slave sdk.

Master.png
Slave.PNG
0 Kudos