UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SATA Bridge Slow

Hi,

Using ARTIX 7, I have been able to establish a SATA 2.0 bridge between the Mother board and HDD [1TB from Western Digital]. But I find that SATA Bridge is very slow i.e. I find 5MBps of transfer of speed in comparison to a standard bridge having a range of 50MBps to 100Mbps on SATA2.0 bridge.

All I could see on my chipscope was repeated error coming from motherboard side i.e. Motherboard issues DMATp and then R_ERR. However, the bridge persists. There is no R_ERR from the motherboard side however.

Can some one help me here on this one so that I could increase the bridge speed? Any information required I can provide. Support needed please!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: SATA Bridge Slow

Please tell me If I am using xilinx FPGA for SATA interface, which is the forum where I can get a reply.

Or else please let me know the problem in the question so that I can clarify.

Regards..

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: SATA Bridge Slow

Your post is very confusing.

What SATA-Bridge?

What Mainboard?

SATA 2 is able to run at 3GBps not 50-100MBps.

0 Kudos