Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohit
Adventurer
Adventurer

SATA HARD DRIVE VALUE WRONG EVEN THOUGH PIO DATA IN COMMAND SUCCESS - SATA2.0

Jump to solution

Hi,

Using ARTIX 7 FPGA, I have initialized SATA OOB Interface for both HDD and Mother Board.I am then trying to develop a bridge between Motherboard and HDD [SATA 2.0] by just switching the packets coming from MB side GTP to HDD side GTP and vice versa transparently.

Now I observe following commands during boot on the bridge through proper triggering on the chipscope as seen in attached image:-
HOST-TO-DEVICE command comes from motherboard with R_OK from HDD
PIO Setup from HDD with R_OK from Mother board
DATA FIS From HDD with R_OK from Mother board

I also checked the CRC of the final data fis going to Mother Board and is OK.

Now when I see in the BIOS, for my HDD, it shows :- SATA : BzBzBzBzBz.

When all the data is ok. Why can this thing come on the BIOS instead of the original HDD MDL number?

I hope that at least some on replies on this. Normally anyhow replies are not there at least for my posts, feeling at loss at times for using xilinx artix 7 series. This is a very important product for us.

Regards
PIO_DATA_IN.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mohit
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Since there was a lot of struggle with this, I would like to contribute here that after I used clock correction on both HDD and Mother board side with suitable settings, I could find the hard disc serial number properly and my sata bridge also got working although it is slightly slower and I am working on it.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mohit
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Since there was a lot of struggle with this, I would like to contribute here that after I used clock correction on both HDD and Mother board side with suitable settings, I could find the hard disc serial number properly and my sata bridge also got working although it is slightly slower and I am working on it.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos