Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgios.rizeakos
Adventurer
Adventurer

SFP configuration registers - zcu111

Jump to solution

I am trying to make the 2 zcu111 connect back to back using AOC.

For that to be achieved I understand that certain configuration should be assigned to Molex 170382-0001 (J27) over I2C.

So far haven’t managed to find the configuration registers for it. What are the values necessary for enabling communication over fibre?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nanz

Hi @georgios.rizeakos ,

As having said above, for SFP connector, you should refer to SFP datasheet and ask Molex for it. Xilinx does not own the product, neither we have any detailed info about this SFP module. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
georgios.rizeakos
Adventurer
Adventurer

anyone who can help?

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @georgios.rizeakos ,

Is there a datasheet coming with the SFP? This should tell you how it needs to be configured.

on ZCU111 side, to use SFP port rather than RJ45, based on the SFP mode, you can use either 1000BASE-X or SGMII. Please refer to PG047 for the PHY details:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/gig_ethernet_pcs_pma/v16_2/pg047-gig-eth-pcs-pma.pdf

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

0 Kudos
georgios.rizeakos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@nanz 

Thank you for your reply,

I am using 100G CMAC for the application.

The connector is the molex 1703820001. 

Do you think you could point me to the right direction?

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @georgios.rizeakos ,

For 100G, please refer to PG203 for more information:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/cmac_usplus/v3_1/pg203-cmac-usplus.pdf

0 Kudos
georgios.rizeakos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@nanz 

Thank you so much for that.

Let me give you some more information,

I have already implemented the CMAC communication with DAC cables.

Now I want to use fibre, and I need as to configure the SFP registers .

As I mentioned above (think that you might already know) the SFP connector for zcu111 is molex 1703820001.

Can you please help me with the register configuration? That is where I need help.

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @georgios.rizeakos ,

As having said above, for SFP connector, you should refer to SFP datasheet and ask Molex for it. Xilinx does not own the product, neither we have any detailed info about this SFP module. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
georgios.rizeakos
Adventurer
Adventurer

@nanz 

Thanks a lot for that.

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @georgios.rizeakos ,

If your question has been answered, could you please mark the thread as "accepted solution"? So it will benefit other forum users. Thank you!

0 Kudos