UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

SRIO link problem

hi all,

I am connecting a virtex-7 FPGA to powerpc with SRIO at 2.5Gx4.

After downloading the bit file, only port_initialized went active, and the link_initialized didn't.

link_error.png

Is this a SI issue?

best regards

Xiang Chao

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SRIO link problem

what is your vivado and SRIO version . Are you able to run simulation correctly 
Follow below steps.

1.You can do an ibert testing of the end to end link with SRIO protocol to determine the optimum transceiver settings which suits your hardware..

2. Enable Additional transceiver control and status ports option during core generation.

3. Use the top level ports generated by the core with the above option enabled to overwrite the default values with the optimum values from step 1.

I am assuming you are using full version license .  When the hardware evaluation license time outs the entire logic of the core will be in reset state and you couldn't even see the requests being transmitted,so this is not the issue.

Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Check if giving additional resets brings the link up.

Try PMA loopback which will confirm all other things are fine and isolate SI on board as this does loopback on the transceiver.

I would expect notintable or disparity errors if there is SI but it looks there are not errors from the VIO snapshot.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi,

I have tried to reset the link, it didn't work.

Since there is no notintable or disperr, I believe this is not about SI.

Is it possible that the link partner did not send any other control symbols except thos for the port_initialized to go up?

regards

Xiang Chao

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

hi yenigal,

I have checked the gtx tx data and rx data, as follow

gtx.png

You can see the FPGA kept receiving 1cbcfdbc80bcfdbcffbcfdbc0fbcfdbc, and repeatedly sending 05bcbcbc87bcbcbc80bcbcbc1cbcbcbc. There was no disperr or notintable.

It looks like the initialization process stuck at some phase.

regards

Xiang Chao

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi

Does the link partner has loopback options and is it able to link up with itself.

You can use the far end loopback options in the core to make sure the data is fine on the TX and RX if Link partner is able to link up with loopback options including the end to end path.

Regards,

Satish

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos