Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chlwogns414
Participant
Participant

Select core in 10G/25G ethernet subsystem

Jump to solution

I am trying to make 10G ethernet interface in my custom board. 

I made my design refer to ZCU102 reference design in wiki.xilinx.com

chlwogns414_1-1611623872359.png

https://github.com/Xilinx-Wiki-Projects/ZCU102-Ethernet

I just change fifo depth and ps core applied to my custom board(XZCU5CG)

I am using 16 bit effective data width DDR. Can this affect when choosing select core in 10G/25G ethernet subsystem? 

Is select core bit related to DDR's effective data width?

such as Ethernet MAC + PCS/PMA 64bit or Ethernet MAC + PCS/PMA 32bit?

Thank you

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nanz

Hi @chlwogns414 ,

The FIFO depth is recommended to be set at the max depth in order to avoid FIFO might overrun issue to avoid a stall. You will have to experiment and run your application on your board to validate.

What I mean for "select core" is that you may see different supported options based on what device you are targeting. This external FIFO is irrelevant to the IP configurations and functionalities. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nanz

Hi @chlwogns414 ,

Which fifo depth have you changed? I assume it's outside of xxv IP?

No, this does not affect the configuration of xxv core. The "select core" option is based on the device that you choose in Vivado. 

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

chlwogns414
Participant
Participant

Hi @nanz

I changed axis_data_fifo depth. In ZCU102 reference design  depth is 32768. I changed depth to 8192.

Can you explain 'The "select core" option is based on the device that you choose in Vivado. ' more detailed?

Thank You

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @chlwogns414 ,

The FIFO depth is recommended to be set at the max depth in order to avoid FIFO might overrun issue to avoid a stall. You will have to experiment and run your application on your board to validate.

What I mean for "select core" is that you may see different supported options based on what device you are targeting. This external FIFO is irrelevant to the IP configurations and functionalities. 

View solution in original post

joe306
Scholar
Scholar

Hello, did you get things working? I'm trying to do the same on my custom board. Would you be willing to share your project or a view of the block design to help me connect things up?

Thank you

Joe

0 Kudos