UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie hazamin

Spacewire on Spartan3E

Hi, guys.  I tried a Spacewire IP core on Spartan 3E from OpenCores.org, unfortunately it didn't work.

Does anybody know any free actively maintaining SpaceWire codec? Please, share the link

Cheers, Omar

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Teacher eteam00
Teacher

Re: Spacewire on Spartan3E

I'm unfamiliar with Spacewire.  Having said that, was the opencores IP too poorly written to be worth your time and effort to debug it?  There are very few cores which can be "dropped in" without some custom-tailoring to fit your design.

- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@hazamin wrote:

Hi, guys.  I tried a Spacewire IP core on Spartan 3E from OpenCores.org, unfortunately it didn't work.

Does anybody know any free actively maintaining SpaceWire codec? Please, share the link

Cheers, Omar

There is a person at NASA who supports a free synthesizable SpaceWire IP core. It is available only to US citizens and businesses.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

..slam to all////

iam using Spartan3E kit..can any body tell me how can i interface digital 10 bit output camera wiht this...????????????????????????????????????????????

0 Kudos