cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rezak3021
Adventurer
Adventurer

TEMAC won't work at 1G

Hi, I have a problem. I use TEMAC with Marvell 88e1111 as phy. when I select 10/100 Mbps speed, mac and phy works fine and I receive data in wireshark. But when I choose 1G as speed, I won't see any packet in wireshark. I checked my values to config phy with example design many times and I don't know what is the problem. Any idea?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@rezak3021,

with so little info, really no idea!

It is now time to insert an ILA core before the TEMAC (PHY side) and see what is going on.

Check if auto-nego is completing @ 1G.

Many a times, a wrong delay value set in the PHY regs affects data tx/rx.

at 1G due to data tz on both edges things are complicated.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

0 Kudos
rezak3021
Adventurer
Adventurer

@dpaul24Thanks for reply,

The RX part of the PHY and MAC is working fine. But the problem now is with TX side. I placed an ILA on PHY side as you mentioned. The data placed on TX[0:7], TX-enable triggers (MAC is OK) but the PHY won't send the data.

My code checks that if auto negotiation completes and then proceeds. So no problem with that.

0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@rezak3021,

The data that you are sending out from MAC to PHY, Tx side.

Do you see in the ILA core that data is in the format :

55 55 55 55 55 55 55 d5 <dest addr 6 Bytes> <src addr 6 Bytes> <EtherType 2 Bytes> <data> <FCS 4 Bytes>

If such data is going properly into the PHY (Mind the PHY clock sampling edge), but not transmitted out of the PHY, then you know where to look for the problem.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

0 Kudos
sudhakarsvino2
Observer
Observer

Hi @rezak3021 was the issue resolved? please share me the details.

0 Kudos
rezak3021
Adventurer
Adventurer

hi @sudhakarsvino2

yes, it was clock problem. The input 125 Mhz clock (GTX) was not exactly 125 Mhz 

0 Kudos