UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Timing failure on Aurora 64b/66b

Jump to solution

Hi everybody,

I have a few problems with the Aurora 64b/66b IP core. I already searched for solutions here on the board and I wonder that it seems that nobody has had the problem before.

So my timing analysis gives me many timing failures on the following clocks:

• user_clk_i
  • sync_clk_i
  • RXOUTCLK

I included the following constraints in my xdc-file as provided by Xilinx IP Core Gen:

set_property LOC GTXE2_CHANNEL_X0Y0 [get_cells  Toplevel/fpga2fpga_communication/framinginterface_inst/AuroraIF/inst/AuroraFraming_core_i/AuroraFraming_wrapper_i/AuroraFraming_multi_gt_i/AuroraFraming_gtx_inst/gtxe2_i]

set_false_path -to [get_pins -hier *data_fifo*/RST]
set_false_path -to [get_pins -hier *rxrecclk_bufg_i*/CE]

# Create clock constraint for TXOUTCLK from GT
create_clock -period 8.000	 [get_pins -hier -filter {name=~*AuroraFraming_wrapper_i*AuroraFraming_multi_gt_i*AuroraFraming_gtx_inst/gtxe2_i/TXOUTCLK}]

# Create clock constraint for RXOUTCLK from GT
create_clock -period 8.000	 [get_pins -hier -filter {name=~*AuroraFraming_wrapper_i*AuroraFraming_multi_gt_i*AuroraFraming_gtx_inst/gtxe2_i/RXOUTCLK}]

# below constraint is needed for core
set_false_path -to [get_pins -hier *AuroraFraming_cdc_to*/D]

set_false_path -to [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *data_sync_reg1}]
set_false_path -to [get_cells -hierarchical -filter {NAME =~ *ack_sync_reg1}]

If you need more information do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Timing failure on Aurora 64b/66b

Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for your response. I think I now made it. It was due to the hierarchy. I applied the timing constraints but it seems to me that the hierarchy is case sensitive, is that true?

Now I have another question related to the MGT. My MGT is running on a different clock frequency as my main FPGA speed. Therefore I have to synchronize the data. Can you give me a good user guide or xapp which describes how to to that? My guess is with a dual ported RAM.

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @sebastian_z,

Are you facing this problem with IP example design? If yes, can you share IP customization (.xci) file to reproduce the issue ?

You need to separately attach modified files, if you have changed some of the files from example design.

Regards,
Ashish
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
Most of the constraints you mentioned are part of IP internal files. Are you not using .xci file in your project?

Whether there are any critical warnings on these constraints?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

Hi,

thanks for your response. I think I now made it. It was due to the hierarchy. I applied the timing constraints but it seems to me that the hierarchy is case sensitive, is that true?

Now I have another question related to the MGT. My MGT is running on a different clock frequency as my main FPGA speed. Therefore I have to synchronize the data. Can you give me a good user guide or xapp which describes how to to that? My guess is with a dual ported RAM.

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos