UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor joy_m
Visitor

Transmitted Ethernet package head trimmed after enabling 1588 in 1g/2.5g ethernet subsystem

I am using 1g/2.5g ethernet subsystem IP to interfacing SFP in bare metal (No-OS) on zcu102. Data interface with ethernet subsystem is an AXI FIFO. Before enabling 1588 time stamp function of the IP, both tx and rx work fine. After enabling 1588, the received package looks OK with 8 bytes in-line time stamp at the beginning of each received package. However, the first 8 bytes of transmitted package disappeared. When I checked the tx package with wireshark, every package starts from the 9th byte as I send to ethernet subsystem. And of course, the packages are unreadable by other devices. It looks like the IP tried to trim the first 8 bytes in-line time stamp in tx package when there is not exist in the package.  

I must miss something here, any help will be very appreciated.   

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: Transmitted Ethernet package head trimmed after enabling 1588 in 1g/2.5g ethernet subsystem

Can you try near end PMA loopback first? And check the data on the IP RX side.

To make sure this is our IP core TX issue.

Are you able to reproduce the issue in simulation? You can have a try on IP core example design funtional simulation and check if it has the same issue.

Do you have any screenshot to show the bad data?