Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m.torabi
Contributor
Contributor

UDP Ethernet to PC using ZU11EG/vivado 2018.3

Jump to solution

Hi,

I already developed a program in Xilinx SDK on zc706 and was able to send UDP packets through Ethernet using LWIP. 

We bought a new ADRV9009-ZU11EG board that contains an Ultrascale ZU11EG. The board has two Ethernet ports called SGMII and RGMII. I have updated the LWIP code to be able to run it on this device. 

When I sent UDP packets using the below code there is no error but no data received from Ethernet. 

err = udp_sendto(&send_pcb, psnd, &RemoteAddr, RemotePort);

Would you please advise how can I solve this problem. 

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nanz

Hi @m.torabi ,

Ok that is the MIO RGMII design. We have a linux example provided in XAPP1305. Lwip echo should work out of box if using a supported PHY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

6 Replies
nanz

HI @m.torabi ,

Can you please explain your setup?

Is the RGMII using GEM3 through MIO?

How about SGMII? Are you connecting GEM with PCS/PMA on PL for SGMII mode? Lwip is supported in both setup and  you can try the LWIP echo example out of box to see if a simple ping is working? Have you verified that first?

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our Versal Blogs and our Versal Ethernet Sticky Note.

drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

how are you determining that the packets do not arrive at the PC ?

Have you proved they leave the board ?

have you tried wire shark to see what's happening on the Ethernet ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
m.torabi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply,

As far as I know the board configurations are similar to the Xilinx Ultrascale boards.

"Is the RGMII using GEM3 through MIO?

How about SGMII? Are you connecting GEM with PCS/PMA on PL for SGMII mode? Lwip is supported in both setup and  you can try the LWIP echo example out of box to see if a simple ping is working? Have you verified that first?"

Not sure to be honest, this is the GEM3 configuration in the design. I am looking more carefully and check those and let you know if I find the information you asked. I have tried the example provided in UG1137, but did not get anything.

GEM3.png

0 Kudos
nanz

Hi @m.torabi ,

Ok that is the MIO RGMII design. We have a linux example provided in XAPP1305. Lwip echo should work out of box if using a supported PHY.

View solution in original post

m.torabi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help.

"how are you determining that the packets do not arrive at the PC ?

Have you proved they leave the board ?

have you tried wire shark to see what's happening on the Ethernet ?"

I used Wireshark to see if any packet is coming. 

How can I find whether the packets left the board?

0 Kudos
m.torabi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help, I will try and let you know if I have other questions. 

0 Kudos