UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer ashutoshs1799
Observer

Ultrascale + 100G Ethernet IP : CAUI4 mode configuration

Jump to solution

I have simulated a simple data transfer and loopback design in Vivado which uses 100G ethernet IP . The simulation is running properly using the CAUI 10 mode ( 10 lanes*10G) but when I change the mode to CAUI 4 , the 100G IP Tx and Rx are not aligning and the data transfer does not begin.

For the CAUI10 mode , the alignment takes around 100-200 ms in vivado simulation which is similar to the 100G example design.

My question is whether I need to make any extra changes to the IP configuration when switching to CAUI4  or is there any specific changes needed in my design ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Ultrascale + 100G Ethernet IP : CAUI4 mode configuration

Jump to solution

The GT or shared logic will change when switching between CAUI-10 and CAUI-4.  If these wrappers are not included in the core they will need to be update in your design. 

You can diff the example design files for the CAUI-10 vs CAUI-4 designs.

If that is not it, I'd suggest comparing the core level input signals in simulation between your design and the working example design. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

When CAUI-4/CAUI-10 "Runtime Switchable" mode is selected in the GUI, the example design that is created will have wrapper files needed to switch the core and GT between the two modes/line rates.  Have you tried running the example design simulation for core generated with the runtime switchable mode?

Observer ashutoshs1799
Observer

Jump to solution

.Actually I am not using the runtime switchable mode. I first simulated my design with the IP configured in  CAUI 10 mode which worked fine . Then when I change the IP configuration to CAUI 4 and run another simulation, the tx and rx don't align. 

For the example deisgn I have simulated both the CAUI 10 and CAUI 4 modes seperately and in both cases the simulation works fine.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The GT or shared logic will change when switching between CAUI-10 and CAUI-4.  If these wrappers are not included in the core they will need to be update in your design. 

You can diff the example design files for the CAUI-10 vs CAUI-4 designs.

If that is not it, I'd suggest comparing the core level input signals in simulation between your design and the working example design.